From Metagovernment - Government of, by, and for all the people
- Live in Boston, MA. USA
- Active developer of mostly simple sites that facilitate online communities.
- Publicly-accessible sites include clinicaltrialresults.org, themdtv.org, wikidoc.org and (as an advisor) polladium.com. Am a long-time supporter of the open voting consortium.
- Believe in creating a sense of agency, community, and responsibility through participation. These days, online participation seems most promising. Would ideally like to see the Metagovernment concept/Metascore software be used to manage NGOs, professional associations, alumni bodies, etc where members are spread throughout the world but have a need to organize at minimum cost. Agree with many that being politically informed and active in the US is far too difficult, and that simpler solutions need to be found.
- Employed FT in medical research, among other things.
- See a list of issues I am currently thinking about here