Following are a list of upgrades to the wiki which have been requested but not yet completed.
Items are listed in order of liklihood to happen next.
Install bulletin board
- Decide on software and modules. Desired features in order of importance (most-to-least):
- Free and open source software
- List server integration. Should at least be able to post notifications of new-topic-creation to the startup list.
- Easy administration (probably excludes phpBB... might exclude myBB if modules required, as some people complain that modules are unstable)
- Login integration with OpenID, or perhaps with MediaWiki
- Install and setup on tuxfamily.org
Migrate entire site to Tuxfamily.org, where an account is already set up for us. Currently at http://metagovernment.tuxfamily.org/ but will end up at simply metagovernment.org.
Migrate mailing list
- Open a trial list. Look for potential problems down the road.
- Figure out how to migrate both Mailman and Pipermail intact
- Install on Tuxfamily site (in /w) directory)
- Suspend editing of current wiki
- Backup database
- Restore database on TF site
Migrate metagovernment.org definition
- work out if piecemeal (i.e., one subdomain at a time, or all at once
Migrate forum hostname
- Change forum's URL from metagovernment.tuxfamily.org to metagovernment.org
Follow procedure on: http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:OpenID
Check hosting for php-openid. May not be able to do it. See: http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:OpenID#Pre-requisites
- I'm about start paying a virtual private server at A2 Hosting. As it is more flexible than a simple web hosting (root access for example), we could install php-openid and the move the wiki there. --Matías Battocchia 07:01, 28 November 2009 (UTC)
- Change copyright - 2011-03-03 - Migrated from CC:BY-NC-SA to CC:BY-SA license as prerequisite to TuxFamily migration.
- Enable the Cite.php - 2010-11-25 - as requested on Talk:Edit_policy#email_watchlist_setting detailed on http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Cite/Cite.php
- Upgrade ConfirmEdit - 2010-11-25 - Upgraded ConfirmEdit to latest version.
- Upgrade MediaWiki - 2010-11-25 - Finally upgraded from 1.12.0 to 1.16.0.