Tree of Life
We're looking to upturn the old dominance paradigm and create a new, social economy.
Here are the items we'll be transforming* and putting together to create the new paradigm:
- Food Sovereignty: growing your own food, being independent, saving enough for the land
- Water Stewardship: having liquid essentials and keeping them available for animals
- Education: teaching and learning
- Health and Healing: how to be healthy without artifice
- Right Livelihood : living without trampling on others or creating more karma
- Shelter: simpler, eco-friendly housing options
- Transportation: getting around without destroying community and planet
- Communications Freedom: being able to reach the masses and stay connected
See Permaculture for the standard in which to measure success.
- [nodilus.org] -- the source for the awesomely-curated list above.
- Whole Earth Review
- "The Transition Handbook: from oil dependency to local resilience" (2008) Transition_town
- Network dynamics shows how hackerspaces inter-relate to the outside world to churn old money into new.