From Metagovernment - Government of, by, and for all the people
Following is a list of past and future conferences where the Metagovernment project was or might be presented.
Listed conferences are about democracy, new media participation, Government 2.0, and related topics.
Items listed in italics are conferences where the project is not making a presentation (or where a presentation has been proposed but not yet accepted), but which may be of interest to the community.
- November 27-29: World Forum for Democracy, Strasbourg, France.
- September 17-19: ePart 2013, Koblenz, Germany.
- August 7-11: Wikimania 2013, Hong Kong.
- June 13-14: European Conference on eGovernment, Como, Italy.
- June 13: Citizen 2013, London, United Kingdom.
- June 6-7: Personal Democracy Forum, New York, NY, United States.
- June 2-4: University Network for Collaborative Governance 2013 Annual Meeting, Malibu, California, United States.
- May 22-24: International Conference for E-Democracy and Open Government 2013, Krems, Austria.
- May 4-5: Transparency Camp, Washington, DC, United States.
- April 10-27: Interactivos’13: Tools for a read-write world, Madrid, Spain.
- February 7-8: International Conference on Management, Leadership and Governance, Bangkok, Thailand.
- February 4-6: The Citizen in the 21st Century, Sydney, Australia.
- January 19-20: International Conference on Government, Law and Culture- ICGLC, Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
- December 6: ParCamp, Vienna, Austria.
- November 30-December 2: Engaging the Other, London, Ontario, Canada.
- November 14-15: International Conference on e-Democracy and Open Government-Asia, Singapore.
- November 8-9: European Conference on Management Leadership and Governance, Pafos, Cyprus.
- November 4: Bullying and the Abuse of Power, Salzburg, Austria.
- October 5-11: World Forum for Democracy, Strasbourg, France.
- September 23-25: e-Democracy Conference, Ohrid, Republic of Macedonia.
- September 3-5: International conference on eParticipation, Kristiansand, Norway.
- July 12-15: Wikimania 2012, Washington, DC, United States.
- June 28: Citizen 2012, London, United Kingdom.
- June 11-12: Personal Democracy Forum, New York, NY, United States.
- May 4-5: CeDEM12 International Conference for E-Democracy and Open Government 2012, Krems, Austria.
- April 28-29: TransparencyCamp, Washington, DC, United States.
- Jason Blum attending
- August 31-September 2: Participation or deliberation? Towards a historical sociology of citizens inclusion in democracy, Strasbourg, France.
- August 29-September 1: Third international conference on eParticipation (ePart 2011), Delft, The Netherlands.
- August 28-September 2: IFIP e-Government Conference 2011, Delft, The Netherlands.
- July 20-22: IADIS International Conference e-Democracy, Equity and Social Justice, Rome, Italy.
- July 11-12: 7th International Conference on Internet, Law & Politics (IDP 2011), Barcelona, Spain.
- June 30-July 1: OKCon, Berlin, Germany.
- June 27-28: Democracy, Governance and Development: Between the Institutional and the Political?, Oxford, England.
- June 16-17: 11th European Conference on eGovernment – ECEG 2011, Ljubljana, Slovenia.
- June 6-7: PdF 2011, New York, New York, United States.
- May 5-6: CeDEM11: Conference for eDemocracy 2011, Krems, Austria.
- April 13-19: Worldwork 2011, Denver, Colorado, United States.
- March 29-31: ICDGS 2011: International Conference on e-Democracy, e-Government and e-Society, Manila, Philippines.
- March 11-13: Pluralism, Inclusion and Citizenship, Prague, Czech Republic.
- March 5: Open Source Days, Copenhagen, Denmark.
- Pietro and Alessandra presenting Vilfredo
- February 15: Experimentation in Collaborative Democracy in Milan. Organized with the "Movimento 5 stelle"
- Pietro Speroni is organizing this event
- February 16-19: Whatever Happened to North-South?, São Paulo, Brazil.
- January 8: Participation Meetup Cologne, Cologne, Germany
- November 19-21: Engaging the Other, San Francisco, California, United States.
- November 18-19: Personal Democracy Forum Latin America, Santiago, Chile.
- November 12: E-DemocracyCamp 2010, Vienna, Austria.
- November 8-10: Anti-Democracy Agenda Symposium 2010, Castasegna, Switzerland.
- November 8-10: Bullying and the Abuse of Power, Prague, Czech Republic.
- November 6-10: A World Without Walls 2010, Berlin, Germany.
- October 26: Citizen Engagement Forum, Hong Kong, China.
- October 16/17: CityCampSF, San Francisco, CA, United States.
- October 13: ePractice workshop: eInclusion days - Inclusive eGovernment, Brussels Belgium.
- October 4-5: Personal Democracy Forum Europe, Barcelona, Spain.
- Pietro Speroni attending
- August 29-September 2: Second international conference on eParticipation (ePart 2010), Lausanne, Switzerland.
- Pietro Speroni presenting the paper on Vilfredo entitled: Don't Vote, Evolve!
- August 29-September 2: IFIP e-government conference 2010, Lausanne, Switzerland.
- August 18-20: Africa Media & Democracy Conference, Accra, Ghana.
- July 30 - August 4: 2010 Global Forum on Modern Direct Democracy, San Francisco, CA, United States.
- July 26-28: IADIS International Conference: e-Democracy, Equity and Social Justice 2010, Freiburg, Germany.
- June 28-30: International Conference on e-Democracy, e-Government and e-Society, Paris, France.
- June 26: Social Innovation Barcamp, Paris, France.
- June 25-27: Networking Democracy? New media innovations in participatory politics, Cluj, Romania.
- June 3-4: Personal Democracy Forum 2010, New York, New York, United States.
- June 1-4: Open Source Bridge, Portland, Oregon, United States.
- Mark Frischmuth hosting panel presentation: Transparent, Collaborative, Participatory - Grass Roots Implementation of the Open Government Directive
- May 25-27, 2010: Gov 2.0 Expo, Washington, DC, United States.
- May 8-9, 2010: Open Democracy Camp 2010, Berlin, Germany
- May 6-7, 2010: 4th International Conference on eDemocracy 2010, Krems an der Donau, Austria.
- April 30-May 2: 1st Global Conference: Problems of Democracy, Prague, Czech Republic.
- April 19-20: Politics Online Conference, Washington, DC, United States.
- April 17: ParticipationCamp, Washington, DC, United States.
- April 6-8: Democracy as a work in progress: the intellectual and cultural dynamics of the Canadian idea, Cambridge, United Kingdom.
- March 27-28: TransparencyCamp, Washington, DC, United States
- March 26-27: OpenGov West, Seattle, Washington, United States.
- March 26-28: Rebooting Democracy, Bend, Oregon, United States.
- March 19-21: Psychoanalysis and Politics: 'Exclusion and the Politics of Representation', Copenhagen, Denmark.
- March 19-20: Interdisciplinary Conference of the Virtual Communication, Collaboration and Conflict (VIRT3C) Research Group, Hull, United Kingdom
- February 5-7: Government 2.0 Camp, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA, United States.
- January 23-24: City Camp, Chicago, Illinois, United States.
- January 23: UKGovCamp, London, United Kingdom.
- January 12-13: WikiWars, Bangalore, India.
- November 20-21: Personal Democracy Forum Europe, Barcelona, Spain.
- November 18-20: 5th Ministerial eGovernment Conference 2009, Malmö, Sweden.
- Pietro Speroni di Fenizio attending (tentative)
- November 14: Conurbania 2009, Quilmes, Argentina.
- Session by Matías Battocchia: "Open source governance."
- November 3: Media Ecologies Workshop on Collaborative Platforms, Social and Material, Manchester, United Kingdom.
- October 31: Open-Everything-Fest, Multiple cities around the world.
- October 22-25: Canadian Community for Dialog and Deliberation, Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
- October 22-23: World e-Democracy Forum, Paris, France.
- October 19: Gov 2.0 Conference, Canberra, Australia.
- September 26: SocialChangeCamp, New York, NY, United States.
- September 9-10: Gov 2.0 Summit, Washington, DC, United States.
- September 8: Gov 2.0 Expo Showcase, Washington, DC, United States.
- August 28: Government 2.0 Camp, Berlin, Germany.
- August 26-28: Wikimania 2009, Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- Session by Matías Battocchia: "Open source governance."
- August 15-17: Jornadas del Sur, Bahía Blanca, Argentina.
- Session by Matías Battocchia: "Democracia Directa Práctica a través de la Web 2.0."
- August 8–9: TransparencyCamp West, Mountain View, California, United States.
- Jim Gilliam attending. (Others?)
- July 26: BarcampTransparencyUK, Oxford, England.
- July 21-22: Open Government & Innovations, Washington, DC, United States.
- July 20-24: OSCON - Open Source Convention, San Jose, CA, United States.
- Bjorn Freeman-Benson of DemocracyLab participating on panel: "Bureaucrats, Technocrats and Policy Cats: How the Government is turning to Open Source, and Why."
- June 22-28: Participation Camp, New York, NY, United States; and also Virtual via Skype chat and LiveStream.
- April 20-21: 16th Annual Politics Online Conference, Washington, DC, United States.
- Ed Pastore participated in panel: "Social Media Platforms and Directing Traffic to your Real Campaign."
- April 19: eDemocracy Camp (link dead), Washington, DC, United States.
- Ed Pastore presented a 5-minute "lightning round" presentation on direct democracy and Metagovernment.
- February 28-29: Transparency Camp, Washington, DC, United States.
- Ed Pastore initiated and participated in a roundtable with Mark Frischmuth (DemocracyLab), Jim Gilliam (NationBuilder), and others: "Crowdsourcing governance decisions."
- Ed Pastore presented: "Beyond transparency: Crowdsourcing governance without any individual authorities."
- October 18-19: Web 2.0 Expo 2008, Prague, Czech Republic.
- Ed Pastore presented a keynote: "Web 2.0 for Governance."
- August 18-23: International Workshop on Challenges and Visions in the Social Sciences, Zurich, Switzerland.
- Pietro Speroni presented: "How should the 21st century democracy be organised? Studying online communities to answer it."